Friday, January 1, 2010

Old Meets New

It came and went, and I slept through it. It was one of the best nights of sleep I've had in a long time. I was so tired from sewing and doing dishes. The dishes took me over an hour--I put one load in the dishwasher and handwashed the rest. It exhausted me!!

Did you see the blue moon?

We are having Christmas with our extended family this weekend. It is nice to be with them and the kids are really enjoying themselves.







Here is my grandma with Lucy. So sweet. I love my grandma. She is so funny. It was good to see her. She loves my kids and is so thankful for them. She has always been excited each time we got pregnant, and I so value her love for them. She is precious.






We got to see our good friends, Jake and Melissa, who were in the area for the holidays. It was SO good to be with them. They are true-blue and life-long friends. Taking a self-portrait with the iPhone proved to be challenging...I lack these skillz.

We even got to go out for an adult (read kid-free) dinner and coffee. It was delightful and full of laughs.






We have a busy month ahead of us with packed weekends. I think it will help January, generally a slow month, to expire quickly.

2009 was not a horrible year for us; it was pretty normal. I don't have any major aspirations for 2010-- except for some financial goals that Dave and I have for our budget and home. I hope 2010 is a year of growing closer to Jesus and Dave. :) I also hope I am a better mom. I also would like to experience renewal in my heart for the future country we will serve in--wherever that is.

I guess I do have some aspirations... What are yours?

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

2 comments:

  1. i'm super impressed...did you post this from your phone?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You and Melissa are both so pretty in the picture! She seems to have a sweet face the kind that would make you trust her right away!

    The adult dinner sounds SO good to me right now, seriously..what I need is another breakfast with you!!!!

    Lots of love, JO

    ReplyDelete

Let me know you stopped by! I love reading your comments!