Friday, February 25, 2011

An Afghan (not a person in this case)

My aunt's birthday was over a month ago. She is an incredibly generous person and loves to spoil all her nieces and nephews.

The trouble is that she is hard to buy for. I have, in recent years, begun making her gifts. She is the one who taught me to crochet about 8 years ago on our way to my great-aunt's funeral.

I started making this afghan about a year ago. I didn't get very far, and I put it away. I picked it back up in the fall, and I just finished it this week. The majority of it was completed while I was huge and pregnant, unable to do much else.

My aunt loves purple. I found this yarn at the local Walmart. Even though I wouldn't have chosen it for myself, I ended up liking it and thinking it was perfect for her. I mailed it, and she should receive it today!

I love this pattern. It is so simple. My friend, Cinthya, gave it to me a couple of years ago. I found a copy online as well. If you are interested, the link is HERE. The only difference I found from the pattern was that I needed 8 skeins of yarn (and I used Red Heart). This afghan would be a great throw for the back of the couch. Happy stitching!


1 comment:

  1. Thoroughly amazed. I feel like I'd never have the patience to complete such an undertaking. It's lovely!

    ReplyDelete

Let me know you stopped by! I love reading your comments!