Friday, June 3, 2011

Strawberry Shortcake Cookies


















We wanted cookies today, but our baking stores were limited.  So, I got creative!!!!  I can't take full credit for these because I've borrowed from several recipes to concoct them.  But they are a little taste of the full blown Strawberry Shortcake.

First, I start with Amy Karol's shortbread recipe (you can print off a clean copy!).  This is so fast and easy!!!




Mix together in a bowl:

1/2 cup butter (one stick)
1 cup flour
1/3 cup powdered sugar

On wax paper, I used my hands to make the dough into a ball and then I rolled it out into a cyllinder (kind of like rolled dough you buy at the store--slice and bake but a little smaller).  I sliced the roll into 1/2 pieces and put them on a cookie sheet.  Then, I took the jam thumbprint route and used my thumb to make an indention in the middle of each one.  Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes.

Then, I used my homemade strawberry freezer jam!  I used a baby spoon to push the indentions deeper on the hot cookies, then I filled each indention with the jam.  I put them back in the oven for 5 minutes.  Remove to wire rack.





Then, I piped some Cool Whip (in a plastic bag with the corner cut off) on the tops.  Voila!  Strawberry Shortcake Cookies!!!  Delicious!  And SOOOO easy--about 20 minutes start to finish.  Makes about 15 cookies (just enough so you don't overdo it!).  Enjoy!


2 comments:

  1. Just wait till this Diabetuhs is over, I'm makin' me some of these!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Pediddlepie

    Just trying out my new reply option. It required a lot of crazy html code junk, but I think I got it work!!!

    ReplyDelete

Let me know you stopped by! I love reading your comments!