Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Baby #7

We have five living children. One of our babies died early in pregnancy (baby #4). So this baby is technically Baby #7. 

Today, I had my first appointment. It went really well. I had an ultrasound by a cranky tech, and all is well!


Our baby is growing. I am 8 weeks and 2 days, and our baby is almost 2 cm. His/her heartbeat was fast!  171 bpm. 

I felt a wave or gratitude wash over me at the office when I saw this little person God has created for our family. 

I was very blessed that my friend, Carly, came with me to the appointment so I wouldn't have to go alone. Dave couldn't go because of work. I was so glad she came and shared my joy. 

God be praised in the life of this little one!!!

3 comments:

  1. Yay! I really love that you identified this as baby #7, counting the baby you lost in your number of children. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When people ask how many kids I have, I often say how many are living, because people can count and it makes people feel awkward to talk about loss. But I do like I recognize my baby when I can, because he/she is dear to my heart, and I long for the day I will meet him/her. (We feel it was a girl though we don't know.)

      Delete
  2. Thanks for sharing! This picture made me cry...what a wonderful Creator we have! Beautiful! you know an old wives tale is...a fast heartbeat means it is a girl...just saying ;) xx Tarien

    ReplyDelete

Let me know you stopped by! I love reading your comments!