Well, it was more like the other way around--worst first and then best.
1. Thursday night, we had water pouring into our house thanks to the poor drainage in our yard. We cleaned up water twice that night. Dave got to buy a shop-vac.
2. Saturday, the transmission died in our car. Our only car.
Our friends let us borrow their car (generosity at its finest!!!). Little did they realize that we are cursed in the car department. Seriously. Even when we borrow people's cars things go awry.
3. Sunday, Dave hit a deer with their car.
Like I said, things go awry.
Thankfully, the deer didn't damage their car--unless you count leaving behind some hair in their front license plate and grill.
4. Monday, the best began to happen.
We bought a van.
A 2004 Honda Odyssey.
With 76,000 miles.
If you know us or what we have been waiting for for the past 1.75 years, then you know that this is a BIG deal.
We are so happy. And thankful. And blessed.
If the mechanic can fix the Acura for less than 2K (if not, it won't be worth it b/c the cost to fix it will exceed its worth) then we'll fix that so Dave can drive it to work. Then we will be a 2 car family again. That will feel weird if it happens.
5. Today, we got DSL!!! I need to get to work on some pictures so my blog won't be so boring!
So, this past week started off poorly, but it did get better.
6. Well, except that I had to call a stone mason (not to be confused with a freemason) to fix the leak in our chimney (which will eventually rust out on the inside anyway and have to be completely rebuilt).
Okay, three out of six isn't too bad...I guess it is just a reminder that for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction...or something like that.