I've not had a lot to say lately. A rarity, to be sure! What have I been doing? I'm assuming you're on the edge of your seat.
I like lists, so here goes:
1. Reading my book club book--Goodnight, Mr. Tom by Michelle Magorian. This book is fabulous, and I'm sad I didn't get to talk about it with my book club on Saturday. It's sad and wonderful all wrapped up into one.
2. Playing a video game--"The Legend of Crystal Valley". I'm down to playing in five minute increments courtesy of Yahoo! Games. It's okay. It gives me good reasons to stop playing. I've mentioned before on my former blog that I enjoy video games. I know this is weird for a lady. It's fun.
3. Watching movies--I watched "Tootsie" the other night. I remember watching it on TV as a kid, but I didn't even remember the plot. Well, I got it from the library, and it is rated PG on the box. I swear (no pun intended) that it would be rated R now b/c of the language. The "F" word was used more than once, and I know that you can only use it once in a PG-13 right now and certainly NOT in a PG. Maybe our movie ratings are better than they used to be? I also have "Ladies in Lavender" waiting for me. Dave is not thrilled. LOL. I also watched "Bridget Jones' Diary" instantly on Netflix while Dave was gone. It's pretty raunchy, sadly. The thing I loved the most was that it is a trashy parody of Pride and Prejudice...and the character of Mark Darcy is played by none other than Colin Firth! For those of you out of the loop, Colin Firth played Mr. Darcy in the BBC production of P&P.
4. Wearing my hoodie in the mornings. It has been a tad chilly.
5. Wanting to sew badly and refusing myself the luxury. I can't do it right now. It makes too much of a mess, and I don't need to be doing that! I've run across some delightful ideas, though. I hope I don't forget them...
6. Trying to savor our last little bit of time here. I'm going to miss our church family so much. It's home, and it will be sad to leave. I will miss the folks from residency too. Trying not to think too long or hard about graduation.
7. Praying for lots of babies, but especially THIS ONE.
What are you doing?