Friday, March 19, 2010

Day 20--Couch to 5K--Rottweilers be crazy.

I am sorry I have not posted since Tuesday! Things have been a little busy.

Wednesday, I had the hardest run so far. I thought I might not make it, and I even reconsidered my commitment to this plan! I've mentioned before that I live at the bottom of a mountain (really a large hill). This day's schedule was to run 4 min, walk 5, run 4, walk 5. Sheesh. Both times I had to run, it was UPHILL. My lungs felt like they might explode. In fact, the air was humid and cold, and I got a little wheezy. I had been diagnosed with exercise-induced asthma when I was in the 8th grade. I hadn't really had any problems until now. Maybe the warm-up walks were helping more than I realized? To start off running uphill was quite a challenge for me. I made it, though!

I have decided I need to get some pepper spray--not for people, but for animals! There were two rottweilers loose that day, and I was afraid. I tried to maintain my cool, calm, collected attitude and act like I was supposed to be running there. I ignored them, and they ignored me. I'd still like to have something in case any crazy animal tries to attack me!

The wheezing lasted until Thursday morning. I have an albuterol inhaler, so I may have to use that again. I think it really must have been from starting off running...

Well, it is Friday, and today I am supposed to walk 5 min, run 7, and walk 5. I am looking forward to this, but I am planning to do it when Dave gets home from work--the air will be warm. It'll be good.

Spring starts tomorrow!!! Enjoy it!

1 comment:

Let me know you stopped by! I love reading your comments!