Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Day 4 of Couch to 5k

Okay, so here's the schedule for this week:

Sunday: Walk 5 min.
Run 2 min.
Walk 5 min.

Monday: Rest

Tuesday: Walk 5 min.
Run 2 min.
Walk 5 min.

Wednesday: Rest

Thursday: Walk 5 min.
Run 3 min.
Walk 5 min.

Friday: Rest

Saturday: Rest

So far, so good. It's even going to be warmer out the rest of the week, so I may even decide to do it on Saturday anyway. By the end of the 10 weeks, I will be running for 30 minutes--no walking warm-ups or cool downs. I am so excited about this. I started thinking that 30 minutes is really not that long. So, I think this is the type of cardio that will fit nicely into my life.

I've had a lot of encouragement from others. I think this is so good and motivating. It's baby steps. I think blogging about it also helps me remain accountable b/c you guys are real slave drivers! Okay, not really, but it is nice to know you're expecting me to follow through.

I went to get some adjustments today. From a dentist. That's right. He's a fellow here in town that is a dentist and has been trained in osteopathic manipulation (a little different from chiropractic care). My neck was pretty sore last week--just from stress. Yesterday, the muscle started seizing up and got really tight shooting pain into the bottom of my skull. He fixed me right up. He's been treating me for TMJ, and the therapies are helping me. I'm so thankful. If I didn't have this option, I'd have to wear a splint on my jaw 24/7. He also adjusted my knees, hips and ankles today. I'm glad, and I'm hoping it will improve my stride. :)

It appears there are people joining me in this 10-week adventure. Let's keep up with one another's progress!!! I'll be up early tomorrow!

2 comments:

  1. Wow...a Dentist that does adjustments! LOL That's AWESOME though...kill 2 birds with one stone...that's important to a busy mom of 3 :-) After reading this...I might just reconsider doing the couch to 5K

    ReplyDelete

Let me know you stopped by! I love reading your comments!