Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Day 17--Couch to 5K--Progress

Dave and I both got to run last night. We met some friends, Bryan and Nicole, at the park and took turns running. It was fun to hang out with friends and get our exercise in. The wind was a little out of control, but I think I did alright. One of my goals is to get my pace down. It seems like I struggle to keep it in the same spot, but I guess that's how it goes as you get more tired.

I went 1.26 miles (walked 5 min, ran 6, walked 5). I think my fastest pace was 9:17 min/mile.

I'm getting there. So can you! Have you started? How is it going?

I think my posture is better too. Isn't that great?

Dave and I are doing our strength training videos on rest days. Tonight is Abs, Chest, Back. Yea.

But, I need it. So I better stop complaining.

I'm really privileged to be able to do this. There have been seasons in my life (i.e. residency) when exercise outside of my home was next to impossible. I'm so thankful for this opportunity. And I'm loving it--the way it pushes me and makes me stronger. It's good and beautiful all wrapped up into one. I may talk more about that later.

Tomorrow is St. Patrick's Day!!! Are you doing anything special? I am! I am cooking St. Patty's Day food--Irish Soda Bread, Beef and Irish Stout Stew, and mashed potatoes and spring mix (for something green!). Don't forget to dress in your finest green attire!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know you stopped by! I love reading your comments!